Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

My Sister Makes me Laugh, Cry

There are 3 years between my sister, with myself being the oldest.  As with many relationships we'd grow apart from time to time.  Funny thing is as we get older our relationship has grown stronger.  We both own our own businesses, me with a big family and her with a step child.  She lives in the big city and I'm on a farm.  So our worlds at times seem so different from each other but yet we never forget our bond.  
Heidi on the right and myself on the left this past Christmas

Today I received in the mail the most amazing gift from Heidi.  It was so great that I decided to dust off this blog and share it with everyone.  In the box were seeds and a poem she wrote for me.  I asked her permission to share it.  It would make the most amazing gift for any mom at any time of year.  


A Woman's Garden by Heidi 
A woman's garden bed has all her flowers in it
Each planted with only the highest of hopes of what will be
She smiles...
All are tended to, nurtured and cared for
Growing strong, they can weather any storm
Each beautiful and special in their own unique way
She loves them all...
A Mother's bed has all her children in it
Each born with only her highest of hopes of what will be
She smiles...
All are tended to, nurtured and cared for
Growing strong, they can weather any storm
Each beautiful and special in their own unique way
She loves them all...

She included flower seeds/bulbs that correspond with each of our children's birthdays.   I already have a plan going on in my head what I plan on doing...that will be another post.   

Thanks so much Heidi, you made me cry today and it wasn't because I had more flowers to plant.

I Love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment